Amecath Medical Technologies is the leading Egyptian catheter manufacturer with fast growing export business based on a value-product-approach.
Growth capital investment in a small but profitable manufacturer of vascular access, dialysis and urology catheters, followed by implementation of several measures designed to drive revenues and profitability: improved quality, streamlining of product program and export markets, improvement of export strategy, team and export share in revenues.
- Established in Egypt in 1991, Amecath is the leading catheter manufacturing company in Egypt (market share of 65%) and has slowly emerged as an exporter of vascular access, dialysis and urology catheters. Several patents and FDA approved products
- In 2015, we closed the majority acquisition of Amecath from the National Bank of Egypt, followed by a highly complex ‘taking private’ transaction from the NILEX stock exchange in Egypt, which concluded in April 2017
- The free float of the Egyptian Pound in 2016 led to a reduction in revenues in USD but made manufacturing cost even more competitive against Asian competition
- In late 2020, the team did an excellent job in repositioning the company in the wake of the global Covid-19 crisis
OUR VALUE ADD
- Introduced new governance through a financial reporting and planning system, a functioning board of directors, delegation of authority matrix, and ESG reporting
- Oversaw continuous improvement of product quality
- FDA approval of several products
- Implemented new ERP solution
- Supported automation
- Appointed Robert Mitchell, former President of Endologix, as Chairman of the Board
- Opened offices in the U.S. and Singapore
- Deployed internal task force to support senior management with reorganisation and repositioning as an international player