Highly diversified post-acute Care and rehabilitation provider; partnered with Harvard Medical School teaching hospitals
Create a specialized clinic with a focus on non-ventilated patients, thereby relieving the pressure on Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds in
acute care hospitals in the UAE and KSA public and private sectors alike (by removing long-term “bed blockers”). Enable Emiratis and KSA Resident to access quality PAC Services in their cultural and societal environment, without needing to travel abroad.
- We identified an unmet clinically need in the market, and accordingly established Cambridge Medical & Rehabilitation Center (CMRC) as a startup in 2012 in the UAE.
As of Dec. 2020, CMRC had opened 3 facilities (Abu Dhabi and Al-Ain in UAE and Daman in KSA) with a total bed capacity of 256
- 1,000 inpatients served across holding period
- 30,000 Outpatient visits in 2020
- CMRC demonstrates superior quality having obtained top accreditations through JCI and CARF, as well as consistently exceeding international clinical benchmarks and boasting the highest successful discharge rate among peers (c. 85%)
- CMRC is the first private provider of a specialized transitional vent program and unique licensed program to treat CP patients in the UAE & KSA. Additionally, CMRC is also the first PAC provider in the region to provide qualitative continuity of rehabilitation services with dedicated outpatient clinic services inclusive of PT, OT and SLP
FUTURE GROWTH PROSPECTS
- CMRC had at exit a well-defined expansion strategy to grow its business in the near to medium term.