Member of the Board
Dr. Sameer Al Ansari joined the Board of TVM Capital Healthcare Partners in 2012. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in London in 1987 and has worked in Dubai since then. He is the founder of PE+ Capital Advisors and was the Chief Executive Officer of SHUAA Capital, the region’s leading financial services institution.
Between 2004-09, Dr. Al Ansari was the founding Chairman & CEO of Dubai International Capital, creating a global investment company with AUMs of $13B by 2008. He previously served as Group Chief Financial Officer for The Executive Office of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Prior to joining the Executive Office, Dr. Al Ansari was Chief Financial Officer at Dubai Aluminium Company (DUBAL) between 1992-2000, where he played a significant role in the successful turnaround of the company to what is today one of the largest and most profitable aluminium companies in the world. Between 1987 and 1992 Mr Al Ansari was with E&Y.
He has served as a Chairman or a Board Member on numerous international and regional Boards. Current Board positions include the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), The Industrial Group (TIG), Hawkamah Institute for Corporate Governance, Al Arabia Outdoor KSA and Eureeca.
- He is a Senior Advisor to AlixPartners, a leading global business advisory firm
- He is a frequently requested industry speaker at regional and international conferences, and has been featured as a highly respected financial leader in the international media (CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN).
- Visiting Fellow of the Oxford University Said Business School Faculty for Corporate Reputation since 2008
- Awarded an Honorary Doctorate by Loughborough University for outstanding achievement and leadership in finance 2009.
- Recipient of the Special Merit Award for MENA Private Equity World by Terrapinn for two consecutive years, 2007 and 2008.
- No 12 in the list of 25 shaping MENA business by The Times Newspaper, July 2007
- Consistently featured in the Arab Power 500 by Arabian Business Magazine
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales and a member of ICEAW MENA Advisory Board